Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an exhaust rotary switch part that I bought online

Customer Question

Hi I have an exhaust rotary switch part that I bought online and it's not the right one. The part I need says its Model # ***** for VR-1400 ... The one I need has a 4 plugs total 3 at the top and one at the bottom. The one I accidentally bought has 6 plugs total. I just had a guy here to fix it and he said I ordered the wrong part
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About a month.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The switch isn't catching to turn the exhaust onto low medium high
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I'll get the guy back out but he told me to order the right part. I've tried and it's hard. I had him take off the part so I could see what I needed but I still can't find it. House was built in 2006 and it looks pretty worn out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If you post a picture of the switch I will likely be able to locate the part you need. The parts for your ventilator are shown at the link below but no part numbers are listed. We will probably need to locate a universal switch.

CLICK HERE