Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer GEW9250PLO. Power outage at

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer GEW9250PLO. Power outage at our house yesterday (storms). Dryer seems to have power, but will not start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Unplug it for about 15 minutes to reset the control. Any change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly, I don't know about this website. I have used it in the past, but every time I try to respond it keeps asking for my credit card info and I have already entered it. Not a fan of whatever this new format is. I feel like I am trying to be hooked into a monthly payment. Not cool.
I have tried to unplug the dryer several times, but it does not reset the control.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to head out of my house for a few hours. I will check for your response when I return. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

When it does not start, what exactly happens? Do you hear a click at the controls even though it does not start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, so I think my issue with the website was related to the fact that I was trying to use the mobile version. The full version is much easier to understand. My apologies for the little rant in the previous message.
The dryer sits with for indicator lights (LEDs) lighted all of the time. They are just the simple lights that give status, water temp, etc. Nothing is ever lighted on the larger LED status/timer readout. Pushing and/or holding the three buttons does nothing. No sounds. It never even tries to start as far as I can tell. I am thinking the controller is torched.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Sorry you had trouble with the site, I am not sure what caused that. If it is not resetting after an extended power cycle (unplugged for at least 15 minutes), then the control was likely damaged. There are two controls, a high voltage and low voltage. The high voltage control is the one that was likely damaged. It is mounted above the drum on the left side once the top is removed, looking from the front.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly, Thanks for the help. That's what I needed. I am willing to pay for the answer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!