Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

What does malfunction code "F2" mean with a GE gas range?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error means that the computer recognized a runaway temperature, another words the oven was getting too hot, this can be caused by two things, the control board or the temperature sensor, commonly the temperature sensor is a fault for this error, its rare for a control board to cause this error, it can but it's rare. The temperature sensor is the probe that is sticking out in the back of the oven wall. You test the temperature sensor with an ohm meter it should read around 1100 ohms at room temps (72 degrees F). If its not in range then its bad and needs to be replaced.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.