Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Have Jenn-air side by side refrigerator JCD2295HES am trying

Customer Question

Have Jenn-air side by side refrigerator JCD2295HES am trying to loosen cap so I can install water filter but cap does not want to budge. Any suggestions? (I've been trying to turn it counter-clockwise) Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are trying to remove the blue bypass cap to install a filter, you turn the blue cap counter clockwise, if you have been using the water without a filter installed the cap may have a vapor lock and may be tough to remove to make it easier, turn the water supply off to the unit then get a cup and let some water out of the dispenser, this should relieve the pressure on the system and make the cap easier to remove. Once the filter is installed remember to flush the system by using a cup and letting water run through the dispenser for up to two minutes, there may be air trapped in the system at first so water may not come out right away, this is normal just purge the system until the water is coming out and looks clean.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?