Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have Maytag glass top range, oven and when I try to

Customer Question

I have Maytag glass top range, oven and when I try to cook something by pushing the bake loc comes on the screen aand I can't enter a temperature
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. Loc means that your control panel is locked. Look for a padlock symbol or writing on your control panel that says control lock. There is a button you'll need to press and hold for 5 seconds to unlock the control panel. If you can't locate the button then try one button at a time and press and hold it for 5 seconds. One of them should unlock the control panel. Other than that if the control panel doesn't unlock, send me your model number and I can look up exactly which button needs to be pressed to unlock the control panel. The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.