Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave will come out of the "Lock", but, the main

Customer Question

My microwave will come out of the "Lock", but, the main motor will not run. The light is on, but, no power to the motor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your microwave today. I have a couple of questions for you. First, does the microwave still heat if you turn it on? Does the turntable turn if you turn it on? Is the microwave 100% silent when you try to run it or is it silent and the display counts down?

Also, do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the microwave cavity so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, no, the system is silent, and the display counts down
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

OK perfect. Then the control panel isn't locked, it just thinks that one of your 3 door switches has failed. This means that either one of your door switches are starting to fail or the display board board is bad and will need to be replaced. you will need to take the microwave apart to access the door switches. Below is a link to a video on how to test the door switches. Access is probably different, but that's not the point. The point is to show you how to test the switches. Either replace the faulty switch, or replace the control board if all the switches check good.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.