Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Jennair refrigerator model js42sefxda. Not working at all ,

Customer Question

Jennair refrigerator model js42sefxda. Not working at all , not even the lights. ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'l be helping you with your refrigerator today. You need to first make sure the refrigerator is getting power from your house. If so, then the power control board up above the refrigerator in the compressor compartment area has failed since that is the only thing that will cut power to everything. Below is a link to this control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you sure about that control board? It is a small board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

yes, it's a small board and that is the power supply board.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked the power to the other boards and there was power.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Your main control board has power? If so then you'd need to replace the main control board, but that doesn't typically fail in this manner so I'd make sure you're getting power to it first. Below is a link to the main control board.

CLICK HERE for main control board