Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Fridgedaire FGMV175QFA microwave that stopped

Customer Question

I have a Fridgedaire FGMV175QFA microwave that stopped working. I need to know how to get to the fuse to check it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. First, attached below is a picture of the breakdown of the top of your microwave. The fuse is part number 34 and it clips into the noise filter board which is part 35.

To access this part, you need to actually uninstall the entire microwave and remove all the screws coming in from the top and and around the border along the back edges and bottom edges in order to remove the outer shell so that you can come in through the top to see the fuse and noise filter board. Test the fuse for continuity and if it's open then it will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.