bruce peterson
bruce peterson,
Experience:  appliance technician at Peterson Appliance Repair

I bought a Kenmore gas top from sears and have used it a

Customer Question

I bought a Kenmore gas cook top from sears and have used it for about a month now and was very pleased with it until today, for some reason the pilot lite doesn't work anymore doesn't even make a clicking sound and its still plugged in. bummed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is likely an issue with the outlet it is plugged in to. Has a breaker tripped? How about a ground fault outlet in the kitchen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think it's the plug I plugged something else in and it worked
Expert:  bruce peterson replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today with your problem. I need for you to rate my service as this is how i am paid for my service. I would need the model# ***** get part that is defective correct. You need to check the spark module this is how all of the gas igniters get their spark.