John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My washing machine wont go into the final spin cycle : I've

Customer Question

my washing machine wont go into the final spin cycle
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I've tried different size loads and it just tumbles left, right, left, and doesn't engage to the final spin. the time is fromzen
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I ran the universal diagnostic mode and everything checks clear. and it spins fast in that mode
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Juan Walker replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, thank you for using this service. can I have the model number so that I better assist you, and are you getting an error code at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
model number: wfc7500vw1no error code at all, just wont do the final high speed spin.

Okay thank you, ***** ***** few minutes please while I pull up the tech sheets to better help you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay, thanks!

No problem ad thank you for waiting. is it doing the same thing in every cycle and does it still go into the drain mode before its suppose to spin?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
every cycle. it tumbles left then right, then the drain pump activates. the starts over again left right. the drain pump works fine as it drains while it is washing and rinsing.

Okay so since it does everything but spin your most likely going to have a Bad door which will cause this problem.

Are you going to attempt to work on it yourself?

View Larger Image-->

Grid is 1 inch square-->

If so, I can provide you with the part# ***** online parts store as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, but when I run the diagnostic mode on it, it spins fast. wouldn't the diagnostic mode catch the door problem? and if it is a door problem why hasn't it given me an error code?

hi there i apologize for the delay. ok so if you are able to force it to spin by running a diagnostics test, the only thing this come down to is your (mcu) aka motor control unit.

The mcu is a very common issue based on the problem your having..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. I have never replaced the mcu. That might be my problem. Crossing my fingers.