John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I just installed my LG LDF7774ST. I ran the drain hose from

Customer Question

I just installed my LG LDF7774ST. I ran the drain hose from the dishwasher to a new air gap & then from the air gap to the garbage disposal. When the dishwasher pumps out water, it comes out the air gap. Do I need to have an air gap?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: How long before someone will respond
JA: I'm trying to find the right Appliance Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok, Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Did you have another dishwasher draining into the disposal before this was connected?