Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frgidiare electric range model number fef326feb

Customer Question

i have a frgidiare electric range model number fef326feb ndthe oevn and the broiler will not work. both stopped workingat the same time. I tried the resetting the clock method but it still will not work.Lisa
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. First, make sure the cooktop still heats. If not, then you're only getting 110 volts to the oven and not 220 volts which is why nothing is heating.

If the cooktop still heats, there are no cuts outs or fuses on this model which means that the L2 relay on your display board has failed. The L2 relay is what completes the circuit to the bake and broil element and it commonly fails on Frigidaire ranges for some reason. Either way, it stops the oven from heating and the only way to fix it is to replace the entire display control board to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.