Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Red button keeps flashing on control panel I held it down as

Customer Question

Red button keeps flashing on control panel I held it down as directed it will not stop flashing it is called control lock Model KDTM504epao ser f 52501921 dish washer is not even 1 year old I purchased it from Abt appliance in Ill. I cannot wash dishes and now it smells
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Kill the power to the unit at the breaker for 5 minutes.

Press the cancel button, then press and hold the control lock light for 3-5 seconds and the unit should come out of lock mode and operate normally. If the unit does not respond properly after that then control panel has a shorted key and it will need to be replaced. I have linked the control panel replacement part below in case it has to be changed out.

W10742456 - click here

But being that new it should still be under manufacturer warranty so if the reset above does not work I would call the store you purchased the unit from and have it repaired under warranty.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?