Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosch dishwasher moder SHe 55 fills but stops cycling after

Customer Question

bosch dishwasher moder SHe 55 fills but stops cycling after filling.. Maybe heater problem? Water seems to luke warm in bottom of machine. Timer cycles down but no agitation etc. Have to cancle cycle to drain water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. First, this is not a heater problem. The heater has a switch which stops it from heating if the water isn't pumping. The dishwasher fills but it's not pumping which is actually what is affecting the water from not heating. Either way, the issue has to deal with your circulation pump itself. You would need to uninstall your dishwasher and remove the circulation pump to see if anything is jammed inside the pump impeller stopping it from moving. If you didn't find anything, then the circulation pump would just need to be replaced. Below is a video on how to take the circulation pump out so you can check for a blockage or replace the pump if needed.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.