Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a one year old fridgidare gallery dishwasher. It

Customer Question

I have a one year old fridgidare gallery dishwasher. It stops a few minutes in cycle with no error code. The screen shows a short verticle line followed by '20'
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. The error you're getting is i20 and it means there is a drain issue. You'll need to disconnect the drain line below your dishwasher and blow through it all the way up to your stand pipe or disposal under your sink to make sure it's clear. If it's not then try to track down the clog and clean it out. Otherwise, if it's clean you'l need to remove the drain pump below the dishwasher and check for any debris hitting the drain pump impeller. If you find nothing, then replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This was helpful information. I just wish I knew how to do what you suggest without breaking something or causing a flood. I'll call in a pro for a house call.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

alright, I wouldn't do anything you're not comfortable with but at least you have an idea of what is wrong now. I do wish you only the best.