John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a kitchenaid fridge (KFIS29BBMS00) that has had the

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid fridge (KFIS29BBMS00) that has had the freezer stop cooling, and the fridge section is only somewhat cool. It hasn't improved by lowering the set temperature of the fridge. Call Kitchenaid?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the information I need to help you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi John,I think the fridge is a Kitchen Aid Architect Series II (KFIS29BBMS00).
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. Before considering parts replacements, inspect the condenser coil radiator, found at the bottom rear of the fridge, for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum any debris you find with a ShopVac, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down and stabilize. If this doesn't solve your problem, please let me know, and we'll look into other solutions to your problem.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until your rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I will pull the fridge out this evening and check for lint. I will let you know what happens.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

OK. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
John,I pulled the fridge out last night and vacuumed the dust/lint from the back. I also unplugged and plugged the fridge back in to the power outlet. The freezer was still not cold at all this morning and we've had to move all perishables out of the fridge as the temperature has dropped to the point where all the milk products curdled. We bit the bullet and paid KitchenAid to send a technician out on Friday.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

OK. Thank you.