Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Whirlpool Dishwasher Mod #: WDF520PADM3 is stuck in the 4

Customer Question

My Whirlpool Dishwasher Mod #: WDF520PADM3 is stuck in the 4 hour delay mode. Ive pushed all the buttons and turned off the power - nothing is working. HELP!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. This dishwasher isn't just stuck in delay or else it would come on after 4 hours which you say it's not. That means there is a problem with your control panel itself. You've tried resetting the circuit breaker and that didn't reset the electronics so the only thing you can do at this point is replace the entire control panel. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model and it's about $130. It is a new part number and that's because it's been re-designed due to moisture from the steam created during the wash cycle causing the control panel to fail early. Of course they didn't recall this issue...

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
WRONG WRONG WRONG... Your advice was all wrong... The dishwasher is working again and I did not replace the control panel. I should not be charged the $28 since your advice was wrong. Please advise.