Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge fridge pfe28rshess, was working ok yesterday

Customer Question

i have a ge fridge pfe28rshess, was working ok yesterday morning, after lunch it quit, no lights, no cooling, nothing. there is power coming in to the board from the outlet?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. The only thing that can cause your entire refrigerator to act dead is if the main control board failed or it's not getting power or neutral to the refrigerator from your house. I would run an extension cord to an outlet you know is working just to be certain the refrigerator is getting power and neutral. If it still shows no signs of life, then the main control board will need to be ordered and replaced. There are no fuses or cut outs on this refrigerators I'm afraid to say. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model number. It's about $130.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is crazy, inside the fruit and veggie area there is a plug. when I unplugged it the refridgerator came on and started working? if I plug it back in it shuts off again? do you know what this plug is for?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure what plug you are talking about but the could be the custom cool drawer controls. The problem is still the main control board behind the entire refrigerator however, it's just acting up when whatever you are unplugging is plugged in. It doesn't actually change what has failed.