Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to fix a clicking sound on a LG dishwasher?

Customer Question

JA:

What do you want help with?

Customer:

I have an LG dishwasher and it makes a slight clicking sound when the door is closed and it is not running thru its cycle (it's off).

JA:

Sometimes appliance issues will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Customer:

We have the leave the door open all the time when not using it so the clicking sound doesn't occur.
JA:

Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?

Customer:

That's it.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you please? The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number is LDS4821ST

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is a slight clicking sound when the door is closed and the dishwasher is off and not running thru its cycle. The only way to prevent the clicking is to leave the dishwasher door open all the time when not running through a cycle.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That clicking you're hearing is the vent flap opening and closing. It either can't find the opened or closed position so it continues to click and open and close the flap. The flap is supposed to close when the dishwasher is running so the vent doesn't leak water everywhere. Then it opens when it's supposed to be drying. Either way, below is a link to the vent assembly you'll need to order and replace inside the door.

CLICK HERE for part