Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG dishwasher and it makes a slight clicking sound

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have an LG dishwasher and it makes a slight clicking sound when the door is closed and it is not running thru it's cycle (it's off)
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: we have the leave the door open all the time when not using it so the clicking sound doesn't occur.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you please? The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
model number is *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a slight clicking sound when the door is closed and the dishwasher is off and not running thru it's cycle. The only way to prevent the clicking is to leave the dishwasher door open all the time when not running thru a cycle.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Perfect thank you. That clicking you're hearing is the vent flap opening and closing. It either can't find the opened or closed position so it continues to click and open and close the flap. The flap is supposed to close when the dishwasher is running so the vent doesn't leak water everywhere. Then it opens when it's supposed to be drying. Either way, below is a link to the vent assembly you'll need to order and replace inside the door.

CLICK HERE for part

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I will give that a try and will be sure to give you great feedback.
Thanks,
Collin
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

no problem and good luck to you.