Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My whirlpool duet sport washer is stuck with 1 minute

Customer Question

my whirlpool duet sport washer is stuck with 1 minute remaining in cycle. door is locked and washer does not respond to any change of cycles
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. First, the part responsible for advancing the cycle is actually the motor control board mounted below the tub on the floor. You'll want to unplug the washer and remove the screws below the lower front panel on the washer. The lower front panel will then pull down, forward, and off. After that panel is removed you can reach up behind the front panel. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the door latch. Pull down on this tab to manually unlock the door. Now plug the washer back in and if it still acts up and won't allow you to select any options or cycle, replace the front interface board. If you are able to start a new cycle and the washer again stops at 1 minute and does the same thing, replace the motor control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.