Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire dishwasher just shows CL on the board. I have

Customer Question

Frigidaire dishwasher just shows CL on the board. I have replaced the latch assembly, problem persist
JA: What's the make and model of your dishwasher? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire PLD2560LCC1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would prefer to as I am currently unemployed..... Go figure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Again, I replaced the latch assembly. Is there a way to bypass or jumper the latch to confirm if the Control board has failed?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So you are correct in suspecting the latch but it sounds like the latch isn't the problem since you already replaced the part and the problem persists. If you wanted to bypass the latch, you'd unplug the 2 wires going to the left side of the latch and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires on the left side. Then do the same thing to the 2 wires going to the right side of the latch. Jumper the 2 wires on the right side of the latch and then try to turn the dishwasher on after re-applying power. If it still gives you the CL error then it means your control board is just bad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.