Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

We have a Samsung refrig-freezer French door type about 1

Customer Question

We have a Samsung refrig-freezer French door type about 1 1/2 years old. I was having trouble with the pantry drawer and when I removed it the underside of the drawer was covered in water. What has happened?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

that means you have a stopped up defrost drain and the water is backing up into the refrigerator when it goes into defrost and melts the ice of the evaporator coil in the refrigerator. here is a video that will show you how to remove the panel to get to the defrost drain, once you get the panel off you will see at the bottom of the evaporator a metal plate and it will have a hole in it that is the drain you will need to unstop using a air hose or wire or a turkey baster and hot water to clear the drain. Once the drain is cleared and you can pour water in it and it drains properly you know its fixed: click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?