Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Water fills and drains but arms do not turn to clean. : Give

Customer Question

water fills and drains but arms do not turn to clean.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Give me just a minute
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I had to replace the gasket around drain pump
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model number FBD2400KQ2A Bought 2011
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. If the washer is draining and spinning but it won't wash, it means that your circulation pump is either not running or not creating the force needed to circulate the water properly. Now you're going to need a multimeter to test the circulation pump. Unplug the wires going to the circulation pump below the dishwasher. Below is what the circulation pump looks like so you can locate it.

CLICK HERE for circulation pump

Turn the washer to wash and test power between the 2 wires going to the pump to see if you have 110 volts when it should be washing. If not, then you need a new timer because that is what sends power to the pump. If you do have 110 volts to the pump, then remove the pump and make sure nothing is jamming or rubbing on the impeller causing it to not pump. If it all checks good, then replace the circulation pump (which is different than the small drain pump).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.