Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A WED6600WLO DRYER AND IT GIVES ME A F2 CODE AND

Customer Question

i HAVE A WED6600WLO DRYER AND IT GIVES ME A F2 CODE AND DOENT RUN WHEN I PRESS THE START BUTTON
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: HASN'T DONE THIS BEFORE. TYPE IS DSSL-ELE-2406026-ELDU
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. F2 on this dryer means that your front interface control board has failed. Unplug the dryer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then unfortunately the front interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue because it has failed. Below is a link to the part you'd need for your model number.

CLICK HERE for interface control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.