Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I wash clothes I get water on the side of the furnace.

Customer Question

When I wash clothes I get water on the side of the furnace. No water around the washing machine. The last plumber told me it was condensation from the air conditioner. I bought a deumiderfier and it is running. Have not tried washing clothes yet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If the water is coming from the washer, then it would mean that your drain line on your house is backing up and you have a drain somewhere around the furnace which backs up when the washer drains. If that's the case, then the drain line on your house may need to be cleaned out. Other than that any water that the washer leaks would accumulate below or in back of the washer if the washer were actually leaking.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.