Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag washer will not enter the rinse cycle unless one

Customer Question

My Maytag washer will not enter the rinse cycle unless one manually moves the dial ahead a couple of notches.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If you can manually advance the timer knob and it will continue the cycle, the timer itself either has a dead spot or it's getting stuck inside the timer. Either way the timer would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. The part usually costs about $150 or so depending on the exact model number. The model will be located on a sticker on the back of the control panel or just under the lid somewhere on a sticker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.