Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My may tag side by side ref/freezer is freezing up on the

Customer Question

my may tag side by side ref/freezer is freezing up on the top shelf under the ice maker onto the top shelf I have already replaced the ice maker and I still have the same problem. the model #MSD2756GEW side by side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the top shelf is freezing the first thing you want to do is turn the icemaker off and see if the issue goes away. If so, replace the fill tube going to the icemaker. This fill tube has been re-designed with slots along the top because it's so long that it would shoot out and cause water to splash. Below is a link to the fill tube you'd want to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for fill tube

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.