Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ice maker has worked fine since I bought the unit several

Customer Question

My ice maker has worked fine since I bought the unit several years ago. Recently when it makes ice it tends to "throw" it all over the freezer and only a few get into the tray. And it makes a "clicking" noise as it attempts to serve the ice. The unit is LGHN2844MFO
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a problem with the icemaker itself. The issue is that the heater isn't turning on to thaw the ice out before the rake comes around and pushes on the ice. That causes the ice to fly everywhere and the gears jam up causing it to ratchet and click. The icemaker itself needs to be replaced and it has been re-designed so it comes with instructions. Below is a link to the icemaker for your model number.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.