Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Samsung induction element will not stay on. Starts and

Customer Question

Samsung induction element will not stay on. Starts and closes off. Regardless of the proper iron pan.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Put a kettle on and half the time it shuts off. As if I was using an incorrect pan.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So unfortunately some pans just don't have enough magnetism to keep the sensor satisfied on these induction cooktops. It could still be your pans so I would try another induction rated pan just to be sure it's not your brand of pans or a certain pan in general. If it still acts up, then your burner power control board is just not sensing the magnetic force properly and the burner power board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.