Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an amana refrigerator model TZ22R2L I have no power

Customer Question

I have an amana refrigerator model TZ22R2L I have no power no lights no fan outlet and cord to machine are good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. So there actually are no cut outs or fuses on this refrigerator. I would run an extension cord to another outlet that you know is working just to be certain you don't have a voltage drop (where residual power comes through but not enough to send power when there is a load applied). Other than that, as you suspected you're down to a bad power cord or a broken wire/plug in the wall of the refrigerator which isn't repairable and would mean that the refrigerator would need to be replaced. Unplugging the power cord and testing power can make it seam like the power cord is good if you're getting bleed voltage through, but if you apply it to a load like a motor or light, the power may drop out so you'd really need to test power with everything plugged in. If you are definitely getting power through the power cord between power and neutral, then you just need a new refrigerator because your unit can't be repaired since the broken wire is through the wall inside the unit.