John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Lights up but no compressor : Kitchen aid wine cooler lights

Customer Question

Lights up but no compressor
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Kitchen aid wine cooler lights on but not chilling,maybe thermostst
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you hear any fans or motors running at all? And if you touch the compressor is it warm, room temperature, or blazing hot? Also, do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model number should be on a sticker just inside the wine cooler somewhere.