John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Maytag electric dryer turns on, all the lights come on,

Customer Question

My Maytag electric dryer turns on, all the lights come on, but there is no display in the 'window' where the time is usually displayed. Pushing the start button elicits the usual 'ding-ding' noises, but no run time is displayed and it doesn't start. All the display did show was '---' when I first tried to use it. This occurred after a brief power outage, but I have never had a problem with them before. All the circuit breakers were checked and there were none affected. We tried unplugging the dryer for a few minutes, then for a few hours but still no go. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information on that as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.