Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Inquiring about a 2001, Model 90603, Fisher Paykel, double

Customer Question

Inquiring about a 2001, Model 90603, Fisher Paykel, double drawers dish washer.
During the rinse cycle, some water is overflowing onto our kitchen counter from the Air Cap or Air Gap on the counter. What is causing this? Blockage somewhere? Can we fix on our own? Or do you have repairperson who can do it for us. We are elderly people in Hawaii. I heard Sears has techs that can repair almost any model of appliance, even those not purchased from Sears. Will greatly appreciate your help. Winnie Matsumoto
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a blockage from the siphon gap to the drain trap. You need to go under the sink and locate the hose that goes from the siphon gap to the drain trap, that may be blocked or kinked. The the water that drains from the dishwasher can not flow through the siphon gap to the drain trap and instead goes all over your sink and countertop.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.