Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

It is a whirlpool Duet. It first locked the door after a

Customer Question

It is a whirlpool Duet. It first locked the door after a cycle. Then the next day it would not turn on. I unplugged it to reset it and it still doesn't have power. The start and stop button won't make any noise or light when pushed .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Close to 10 probably
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All of these problems started when the plastic door handle broke off. I have a feeling that the household member that it broke on didn't realize the door was still locked. That is all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

So it will not do anything now when you press START? Also do all the controls work like you could start a cycle?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.