George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

I set the oven to 350 to bake a cake. I opened the door to

Customer Question

I set the oven to 350 to bake a cake. I opened the door to make sure the rack was at the right level, closed the door and it locked itself. How do I get it open? I need to put the cake in the oven. Posie Beam
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an Amana electric smoothtop Model #AER5725QAW (I think that's the model number) which I bought in May 2008
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes......I need to get my cake in the oven now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just tell me how to open the blasted door
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Doesw the oven seem to be getting very hot, much hotter than the temperature selected?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The oven doesn't respond at all. I told you that I set to 350 then opened the door to make sure the rack was in the right position, then closed the door and it locked and the oven turned itself off
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does the oven control show that the door is locked? Turn the breaker off for about 5 minutes and see if it unlocks. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is ridiculous. You've got my credit card and permission to charge $5.00 to answer what should be a simple question. Just tell me how to get the oven door open PLEASE. I've got a cake ready to go into the oven!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Your hostility and unwillingness to work with me is not going to work for me. Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't you dare charge my credit card unless you answer my question - how to unlock the oven door - in the next 10 minutes.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 4 months ago.

Attached at the link below