Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Refridge vent frozen causing refridge side not so cold. How

Customer Question

Refridge vent frozen causing refridge side not so cold. How much ice to melt away from the vent hole.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool conquest 8 Yr old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Cleaned coils under unit and tried melt ice with heat gun but didnt know how far to go.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The ice will need to be totally thawed. The easiest way to do this is to leave the doors open and the refrigerator unplugged for 24 hours. There is probably ice in the air paths as well, in between the walls. I would allow a complete thaw.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!