Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore model 110.69622800 dryer that runs about 20

Customer Question

I have a kenmore model 110.69622800 dryer that runs about 20 minutes then stops. When I check at the expected end time, the timer or auto setting has not reached the end. I can then push the start switch and it starts. Any ideas please.
mike fink ***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning Mike. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. If the timer stops counting down you either have 1 of 2 issues. 1, the motor is overheating and shutting the dryer down. If that's the case then when the dryer stops you wouldn't be able to start it up right away--you'd have to wait 10 minutes or so for the motor to cool down. To fix this issue you'd have to replace the motor.

The only other thing that would stop the timer in the middle of the cycle as well as stop the dryer is if the dryer thinks the door has opened. If that's the case then the door switch would just need to be replaced because it's opening up for a split second and stopping the dryer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?