John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Our N81X fridge has worked fine so far on propane. We just

Customer Question

Our N81X fridge has worked fine so far on propane. We just had the tanks filled and all of a sudden both lights are flashing. Stove delivers gas. We hear gas turn on the fridge and then shuts off.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. It goes for about 30 sec and then shuts off as if it's not getting gas
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Can you hear the burner flame light off, before it stops? If so, replace the spark electrode. In addition to lighting the burner, it acts as a flame sensor, which tells the controller to keep the gas valve open. Its part number is ***** You can buy it at You need to call them for a price.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.