Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I just replaced the filters on my WHER25 RO unit. I

Customer Question

I just replaced the filters on my WHER25 RO unit. I understood it had to run for some time to get the air out of the system. It has been trickling for over 36 hours.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I don't know about any thermostat. The unit's filters are all new.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I did the work myself. I found out that the pressure tank was only 8.5 PSI but the label on the tank called for 100 PSI, so I pumped more air into it until I have 100 PSI. It still only trickles.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I do not know what else to do. It ran for 26 hours before I found that the pressure was too low. It has been running all night and most of today and still only puts out a tiny trickle of water. It usually put out a sizable stream.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Well First the tank full should only have about 40 PSI on it not 100 or it likely will never feed water....bleed the pressure back off and see what happens.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay. I have the pressure down to 41 PSI.

Have you left it off to pressurize the tank?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The faucet is off.

OK watch this video to pressurize the tank properly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay. I did what he said and have it all hooked up and the water on to the system. According to the video I need to wait about 2 hours for the tank to fill.

Yes exactly let me know if it works

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.