Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

My microwave turned on by itself and it didn't cut off when

Customer Question

hi my microwave turned on by itself and it didn't cut off when my husband opened the door. We have unplugged it at this point.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the microwave also felt very hot although I was cooking on the stove below
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. This may have just been the thermostat under the microwave that turns the fans on if it gets too hot. The microwave is not cooking just the fan running. If it has cooled down plug it back in and it will be fine. Let me know what happens.

This is Dave. Do you still need help or is the microwave working properly now that it cooled?