Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I'm Tina. :) I was getting an "nd" on my Samsung front load

Customer Question

hello. I'm Tina. :) I was getting an "nd" on my Samsung front load washer. I did a drain test- could hear the humming of the pump trying to work. Doing a drain pump test and now I have an "oe" code. it is on a wf210 model
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No ma'am. Thank you!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is there water that has not drained? Does it fill now at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I manually drained it out earlier and checked the filter. I was doing a water valve test and now is belong and yelling me OE
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Did it fill during the valve test, even though the OE error is displaying?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it did fill.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I didn't get the OE error until I did the valve test. Now it's stuck.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Since it is draining and filling but you are still getting error codes as though it is not, I suspect there is an issue with the pressure switch circuit. Remove the top from the machine and locate the pressure switch, mounted at the top and having a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to do a reset. I tag that ouch you take off power and wait 30 servings it should drain. But it's not draining.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Is there water in the tub that has not drained?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

So you did not get it fully drained when you manually drained it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I manually drained it, yes I got all the water out. When it filled for the valve test i got the new error, OE.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please call....(###) ###-####
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

I can call you it costs more, if you want a phone call.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am conducting a drain pump test right now.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did a manual drain and restarted it on a quick wash.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the "nd" while washing blankets. I read in forums that it creates an unbalance and the fact that it was in a fast spin may have shot the drain pump.

Yes the ND code means NO DRAIN so yes the drain pump may be bad and not running or clogged. You should remove the rear access panel and remove the drain pump and check it for blockages. Make sure it does power up and run when you have it set to SPIN only, if it does replace it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My empeller will not spin. I stuck my finger in there and it won't spin.

Yes I would say either something is jamming it or the pump is bad, you can take the impeller housing off the pump to check it out and see once you have the pump out.