Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I am trying to repair a Wascomat w655 25 lb washer motel

Customer Question

I am trying to repair a Wascomat w655 25 lb washer for a motel remodel that I am doing. the washer fills but drains out and never reaches the level to start the cycle. I have read that there is a solenoid valve that releases the water at the correct times and also I read that there should be a 38" loop in the drain plumbing as regular washers have. Could yo please help me.(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Remove the front of the machine and there is a drain valve in the front lower part of the unit. The drain valve could be jammed, stuck open, the drain motor could be bad. Get at it and take it apart and see if anything is jammed in it. Then check the motor to see if it is being powered when the machine turns on. If it is and it is not closing replace it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!