Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

WHERE CAN I FIND INSTRUCTIONS TO REPLACE LIGHT BULB IN GE

Customer Question

WHERE CAN I FIND INSTRUCTIONS TO REPLACE LIGHT BULB IN GE MICROWAVE OVEN JE1590BH O2 LIGHT BULB PART # *****?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Number 280 in the diagram at the link below is the lamp assembly. To access it, you must remove the entire outer cabinet (number 1200). Doing this will expose high voltage components inside that can pose a hazard, even with it unplugged, so stay away from everything but the light bulb! If you feel at all uncomfortable with this, do not attempt to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I looked at the diagram, but that doesn't tell me how to get to the light bulb to replace it??
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

In my last reply, I advised that the number 1200 cabinet will need to be removed. All of the screws along the back, side and bottom of that cabinet need to be taken out and the cabinet will slide back and pull free.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that $24 in addition to the free trial?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I am not sure to what you refer. If it is a phone call offer, yes, it is an additional charge.