Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dryer not heating up : lgr4634eq3 model whirlpool : I will

Customer Question

dryer not heating up
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: lgr4634eq3 model whirlpool
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I ran the dryer it's working just not heating. look into the hole below the door it not glowing on the inside
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

In the diagram at the link below, number 6 is a thermal fuse that has likely opened. It is accessed by removing the rear access panel from the back of the cabinet. With the dryer unplugged, remove the wires from that fuse and tape them together. Will the dryer then heat?

CLICK HERE

A picture of that part is below, for reference.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If you have a meter to test with, there is a video at that part link I sent that will show you how to test it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.