Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Duet washer wfw9750ww01 showing F71 error -

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet washer wfw9750ww01
showing F71 error - replaced the CCU now no power to display. relay can be heard when plugging and unplugging but no change after repeatedly doing so. tried reinstalling the old CCU and still no display. Thoughts of what might cause this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. F71 is actually an error code for a faulty display interface control board. That being said sometimes the MCU is known for confusing the board creating the unit to act dead of cause the F71 error. It's simple to determine whether your MCU came faulty or your interface board is bad. Just unplug the washer and remove the top panel of the washer. Unplug the MI3 wire connection going to the CCU. Plug the washer back in and see if the control panel lights up and works again. If so, return the MCU and get a new one because it came bad. If not, then your front interface control board has just failed and needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?