Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Model FEX831CS0 stackable washer/dryer, and need to

Customer Question

I have a Model FEX831CS0 stackable washer/dryer, and need to replace the water inlet valve. How do I get to it to replace? Do I have to remove the dryer off the top?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. First, you can not remove the dryer---that is not an option. You will need to pull the unit out and unplug it and disconnect the water lines and turn the water off. Then remove the screws at the bottom of the front panel on the washer. The front panel will then pull down 1 inch and then pull forward and off. Now remove the screws going into the angled panel between the control panel and the washer's top panel. Remove this panel. Lastly, remove the top panel of the washer after unscrewing it and unplugging the wire harnesses going into the back. Now you have access to the valve behind the tub but since it's a stack unit it's a bit difficult since the access is tight.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?