John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

We need an LG repair tech in our area French Door

Customer Question

We need an LG repair tech in our area for our French Door refrigerator. Why do all the repairmen we've contacted say they no longer service LG appliances??? We are unable to wait four weeks for the only Sears service that agreed to fix our appliance???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi whilst I'm based in the UK most of the time we have the same problem. The main issue is that LG use a group of their own engineers together with a small number of self employed guys - I'm one. The hurdle for those that aren't listed is that they can't get the technical information to allow them to test and repair the product. It then becomes a guessing game when you try and diagnose the fault and very easy to start throwing parts at a problem rather than actually knowing what it is. Like your engineers in the US, many repair guys just conclude that they won't repair certain brands as the return on the time spent vs the payment doesn't make it viable. In your case Sears possibly has a seller service agreement with LG which allows them full access to the technical information. I hope that illustrates why you are having this problem (its the Korean way of doing business - Samsung do the same) and if so would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page - do come back to me if you require further advice. In the meantime thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian