Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bob. I'm reading a 6 year old string of yours about a Maytag

Customer Question

Hi Bob. I'm reading a 6 year old string of yours about a Maytag Quiet Series 100 float switch. Ours is old. On an exploded view I think it's part #22 (round item on right front bottom). Between cycles the water level stays high, and now frequently leaks during cycles. The float spins freely but does not bounce. I can push it down and it clicks in place but then it feels like it's spring loaded, not free to float with the water level. BTW, I have not gotten under the washer yet; we have a continuous kick plate under the cabinets so it's a pain to remove.
I feel like the float itself should be in the up position and free to rise and fall with the water level.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like you really need to remove the kick panel to see what's going on with the mechanics below. The float should actually sit in the DOWN position and the only thing it does is raise up freely if the water level gets too high. That causes a switch to break power to the electronic water valve so the valve stops filling.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.