John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I'm looking condenser cooks Jenn air refrigerator : There is

Customer Question

I'm looking for the condenser cooks for my Jenn air refrigerator
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a loud buzzing sound that comes on intermittently in my refrigerator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Noise has been getting louder in past day. Noise goes away when I open the fridge or freezer for a couple minutws
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the technical information I need to help you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model JBR2088HES (may tag)
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Will you please explain what condenser cooks means?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oops. Condenser coils?
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

OK. Thank you. Are you looking for the replacement part?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, not yet. I'm just wondering where the compressor is located for that model.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If it needs to be replaced, is it in the back of fridge or bottom
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Moving the refrigerator out from where it is may be really difficult so that's why I'm asking
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

You will find it at the rear lower section of the fridge. If you're having warming in the fridge, look for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through the condenser radiator. Remove any debris you find with a ShopVac, and give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down and stabilize. If you need more help, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rear, meaning it's in the back of the fridge? There seems to be sonething I can access in the front part of the refrigerator at the bottom
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

From the parts diagram I see the condenser coil cleaning needs to take place from the rear of the fridge. There's probably a removable front kick panel, but there's very little you can do through the opening.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Thank you!
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome.