Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung RS261MDRS. My freezer is fine, but the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RS261MDRS. My freezer is fine, but the fridge part is not cold.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: All lights are on and the freezer is cold. Refrigerator side is not cooling
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the face if the divider between the freezer and fridge is hot!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Of*
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Oh, the fan down by the compressor is not running. Pull the cabinet out and remove the rear access panel at the bottom of the back of the cabinet. There is a fan down by the compressor that should be running. Can you verify my suspicion that it is not?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No fan running
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

That would be the problem. If you spin the blade by hand, will it take off and spin?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't even need to remove the back panel...there is no sound at all
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect that fan motor is faulty and will need to be replaced. You need to place a fan back there to blow right away to cool the compressor until the replacement comes in.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!